A hug in a mug.
That’s what this drink is.
Velvety. Smooth & creamy. Very chocolate-y.
And since it is packed with antioxidants and hormone friendly ingredients, it is so good for your health as well!
Get yourself cosy with this drink today or it is also a great choice when you are expecting guests to impress and show that hot chocolate is in fact a health food. 😉
A fun tip for you: if you are like me, and you cannot drink en entire mug all at once, pop it in the fridge and let it settle for a couple hours or overnight. It will be an amazing chocolate-y dessert that may be even better than served hot!
Let me know if you try this recipe and be sure to show me your scrumptious creation via using the hashtag #allwithzest 😉
Happy Hormones Dark Hot Chocolate With Maca Root Powder
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
Total: 5 min
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup of hazelnut or almond milk
- About 4 pieces of dark chocolate (I used 85%)
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca root powder
- 2 Tbs agave syrup
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt (optional)
- Add some of the plant milk and the rest of the ingredients in a pan over low heat.
- Whisk it constantly to avoid burning until the chocolate completely melts and it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Pour in the remaining nut milk and heat it up to the desired temperature, aka pretty hot! Serve immediately.