They put collagen in everything these days…
For a good reason, though! 🙂
Collagen is so good for you: it is an actual powerhouse supporting your joints, skin, hair, nails and even your digestion by coating your gut lining.
We want all of that, don’t we?
So start your day on a positive note with these collagen crépes:
I’ll be honest: it took me two tries to actually get crépes and not a scrambled/cooked batter mess, but I am happy with the result after all!
I have a tendency to become sad when I screw up a recipe… But failed recipes happen and are okay. Like for example that time when I burnt my surprise cookies for Husband… He assured me that he loves me nonetheless. And ate them, eventually. 😀 Isn’t he the best? (Don’t worry, though, they weren’t THAT bad.)
This recipe is very simple, flipping the crépes is a bit tricky though, but it’s absolutely worth it!
I mean, look at those TEXTURES!
These crépes will provide you with a nice dose of protein, healthy fats, antioxidants and will keep your blood sugar level at bay as well.
Sounds good to me. 😉 What about you?
What is your favorite way to eat crépes or pancakes?
Let me know in the comments below, I’m curious! 🙂
Dark-chocolate & banana collagen crépes
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking: 15 min
Total: 20 min
Yield: 4 crépes
- Ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk or plant milk of your choice
- 2 Tbs almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 Tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbs agave (optional, skip for a low-carb version)
1. Start heating up ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to a blender to process until smooth.
3. Pour approximately 1/3 cup of the batter into the skillet at a time, this will make about 4 crépes.
4. Spread out the batter until thin and cook both sides until they are golden brown.
5. Fill with yogurt and/or simply drizzle melted dark chocolate over it and serve with bananas.
6. I may have sprinkled some powdered erythritol on top as well. 😉 Sooooo delicious!